Let The "People" Decide?
by Thomas A. Droleskey
 And Jesus stood before the governor, and the governor asked him,
saying: Art thou the king of the Jews? Jesus saith to him: Thou sayest
it.  And when he was accused by the chief priests and ancients, he answered nothing.  Then Pilate saith to him: Dost not thou hear how great testimonies they allege against thee?  And he answered him to never a word; so that the governor wondered exceedingly.  Now upon the solemn day the governor was accustomed to release to the people one prisoner, whom they would.
 And he had then a notorious prisoner, that was called Barabbas. They therefore being gathered together, Pilate said: Whom will you that
I release to you, Barabbas, or Jesus that is called Christ?  For he knew that for envy they had delivered him.  And as he was sitting in the place of judgment, his wife sent to him,
saying: Have thou nothing to do with that just man; for I have suffered
many things this day in a dream because of him.  But the chief priests and ancients persuaded the people, that they should ask for Barabbas, and take Jesus away.
 And the governor answering, said to them: Whether will you of the two to be released unto you? But they said, Barabbas.  Pilate saith to them: What shall I do then with Jesus that is called Christ? They say all: Let him be crucified.  The governor said to them: Why, what evil hath he done? But they cried out the more, saying: Let him be crucified.  And Pilate seeing that he prevailed nothing, but that rather a tumult
was made; taking water washed his hands before the people, saying: I am
innocent of the blood of this just man; look you to it.  And the whole people answering, said: His blood be upon us and our children.
 Then he released to them Barabbas, and having scourged Jesus, delivered him unto them to be crucified.  Then the soldiers of the governor taking Jesus into the hall, gathered together unto him the whole band;  And stripping him, they put a scarlet cloak about him.  And platting a crown of thorns, they put it upon his head, and a reed
in his right hand. And bowing the knee before him, they mocked him,
saying: Hail, king of the Jews.  And spitting upon him, they took the reed, and struck his head. (Matthew 27: 11-30.)
Pontius Pilate let "the people" decide whom to release on Good Friday, Christ the King, their very Divine Redeemer Who came to liberate them from the power of sin and eternal death, or Barabbas, whose mission was to overthrow the Romans in order to "liberate" the Jews from political repression. "The people" on Good Friday, motivated in large measure by the influence of our own sins having transcended time, "voted" to crucify the Second Person of the Most Blessed Trinity made Man in the Virginal and Immaculate Womb of His Most Blessed Mother by the power of the Third Person of the Most Blessed Trinity, God the Holy Ghost.
Let the "people" decide on matters of truth, my good and very few readers, and they will be convinced that they are "sovereign," that they are the ones in possession of full moral autonomy, that they can undo in one election what was decided in another or in a judicial decision or by a state legislature. Such are the lies, however, from the Master of Lies and the Prince of Darkness, the devil himself, who specializes in convincing human beings that they are the the masters of their own fate.
Each of us is influenced by the ravages of Original Sin and our own Actual Sins in our own lives in countless myriads of ways, to be sure. Those of us who have the true Faith, however, are supposed to cooperate with the graces of our Baptism and Confirmation and the Sanctifying Graces we receive in the Sacrament of Penance and the Sacrament of Holy Communion (as well as in the Sacrament of Holy Matrimony for those who are married and in the Sacrament of Holy Orders for those whose immortal souls have been configured to the Priesthood and Victimhood of the Eternal High Priest Himself, Our Blessed Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ) to have our intellects enlightened to see the world clearly through the eyes of the true Faith and our wills strengthened to act in conformity with what God has revealed us to be true. It is the sensus Catholicus that is an integral part of our super-nature as Catholics to understand that truth, whether supernatural or natural, can never be subjected to any kind of plebiscite for the "people" to "decide." Ours is merely to obey the binding precepts of the Divine Positive Law and the Natural Law as to do otherwise is to bring personal ruin to our souls and thus social ruin to the world.
While it is true that votes took place at times during the twenty general councils of the Catholic Church, the Fathers who attended those councils were guided by the infallible direction of God the Holy Ghost, Who guarantees that the spotless Mystical Bride of the Divine Redeemer can never teach any point of her doctrine with ambiguity, less yet even give the appearance of contradicting anything that has been taught previous. Such is not the case in the voting booth of Modernity, where men, influenced by the individualism and egalitarianism of Protestantism, which, of course, is a tool of the devil, and the religious indifferentism of Judeo-Masonry, believe that they are making "progress" whenever they manage to get a proposition on a ballot that they think will "change" the minds of their fellow men, most of whom are diverted by the bread and circuses of the moment.
This is all a lie. Every single bit of it.
The Apostles knew that fidelity to the Divine Redeemer was what mattered, not tangible "results." Men and their nations need to be converted to the true Faith. The Catholic City, not some inter-denominational, Masonic play land of naturalistic "common ground," needed to be established and then maintained. Pope Saint Pius X pointed this out in Notre Charge Apostolique, August 15, 1910:
But, on the contrary, by ignoring the laws governing human nature and by breaking the bounds within which they operate, the human person is lead, not toward progress, but towards death. This, nevertheless, is what they want to do with human society; they dream of changing its natural and traditional foundations; they dream of a Future City built on different principles, and they [the Sillonists] dare to proclaim these more fruitful and more beneficial than the principles upon which the present Christian City rests.
No, Venerable Brethren, We must repeat with the utmost energy in these times of social and intellectual anarchy when everyone takes it upon himself to teach as a teacher and lawmaker - the City cannot be built otherwise than as God has built it; society cannot be setup unless the Church lays the foundations and supervises the work; no, civilization is not something yet to be found, nor is the New City to be built on hazy notions; it has been in existence and still is: it is Christian civilization, it is the Catholic City. It has only to be set up and restored continually against the unremitting attacks of insane dreamers, rebels and miscreants. omnia instaurare in Christo.
Anyone who thinks that "progress" can be made in the Judeo-Masonic world of naturalism without speaking confessionally as a Catholic will be condemned to the fate of the mythical Sisyphus, who had to spend eternity perpetually trying to roll a huge boulder up a hill, only to have it roll down on him time and time again. Each new election cycle brings its own "burst of energy" from the activists, each of whom seems to latch on to some new secular "saviour" that occupies his time and energies that could be spent much better educating people about the authentic Social Teaching of the Catholic Church. Half-answers and half-measures, no less those that actually reaffirm people in the falsehoods of "freedom of speech" and "freedom of press" and "freedom of religion," are not what men need. They need Catholic truth. Nothing else.
Oh, please don't tell me that people aren't ready for Catholic truth just now. Were the Jews who listened to Saint Peter on Pentecost Sunday "ready" for what he had to say to them? Were the Druids who were preached to by Saint Patrick "ready" for what he had to say to them? Were the pagans in Goa, India, "ready" for what Saint Francis Xavier had to say to them? Time is short. Eternity is forever. Our Blessed Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ told us that we should never be ashamed of Him and His doctrine before men lest He is ashamed of us at the moment of our Particular Judgments:
For what shall it profit a man, if he gain the whole world, and suffer the loss of his soul? Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul? For he that shall be ashamed of me, and of my words, in this adulterous and sinful generation: the Son of man also will be ashamed of him, when he shall come in the glory of his Father with the holy angels. (Mark 8: 26-38.)
The results of the referenda yesterday in several states reveal yet again that Americans are confused about First and Last Things, and a confusion over fundamental matters of supernatural and natural truth can never result in anything but more and more confusion over time. And even granting the reality of vote fraud, it must be remembered that our entire system is based upon one fraudulent premise after another, starting with the false beliefs that it is possible to men to lead well-ordered lives without a due submission to the Deposit of Faith that Our Lord has entrusted exclusively to His true Church and without a firm belief in, regular access to and cooperation with Sanctifying Grace. Everything falls apart in the lives of men and their societies when they are not united by the sure bonds that can provided only by the Catholic Faith.
Once again, good readers, as so many people get lost in the "trees" of particular issues and thus permit themselves to live in a sea of naturalism as they view these issues in purely naturalistic terms, it is necessary to explain why the Constitution of the United States of America was dead-on-arrival, killed by its own framers, most of whom hated the Catholic Faith and mocked the Divine Redeemer, Our Blessed Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. No one who mocks the Word Who was made Flesh in Our Lady's Virginal and Immaculate Womb by the power of God the Holy Ghost at the Annunciation, the very Son of God Who redeemed us by the shedding of every single drop of His Most Precious Blood on the wood of the Holy Cross, is worthy of any kind of respect or admiration whatsoever.
A man (such as James Madison or Thomas Jefferson or John Adams) who get First Things wrong is no guide whatsoever to the establishment or maintenance of social order. Take a look once again at the statements made by these anti-Catholics at
Reference Resource: A Founding Hatred for Christ the King. Take a good look. These men are enemies of the Divine Redeemer and thus enemies of your soul and of mine, enemies of all social order as a consequence. You cannot hate the God-Man and mock Him and then believe yourself possessed to have any "philosophy" or "program" to pursue the common temporal good as you ignore the simple truth that the civil government has an obligation to help man pursue his Last End, namely, the salvation of his immortal soul as a member of the Catholic Church.
Although the naturalists who have learned none of the lessons from all of their concerted energies to "build for the future" by means of electoral campaigns and
Movements to a Dead End, Now and for All Eternity, We must keep in mind these fundamental facts (listed in a slightly different form in
A Catechism of the Social Reign of Christ the King) and never forget them:
1. Original Sin and our own Actual Sins are the sources of all social problems bar none.
2. Even the souls of the Baptized suffer from the vestigial after-effects of Original Sin, the darkened intellect and the weakened will and a general inclination to sin as a result of the overthrowing of our higher, rational faculties in favor of our lower, sensual passions), and Actual sins, which incline the soul all the more to sin absent a good, integral Confession to a true bishop or a true priest and earnest efforts to make reparation for those sins to the Most Holy Trinity through the Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary.
3. All of human activity without any exception whatsoever is to be defined by the Incarnation, Nativity, Hidden Years, Public Ministry and Passion, Death and Resurrection of Our Blessed Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
4. Our Blessed Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ founded one Church, the Catholic Church, to be the sole repository of His Deposit of Faith and the sole dispenser of the Treasury of Graces that He won for us by the shedding of every single drop of His Most Precious Blood on the wood of the Holy Cross to redeem us from our sins.
5. The civil state has a positive obligation found in the binding precepts of the Deposit of Faith to recognize the true Church and to accord her the favor and the protection of laws, yielding to her solemn authority (exercise judiciously and only as a last resort following the discharge of her Indirect Power of teaching and preaching and exhortation) when the good of souls demands her intervention.
6. The Protestant Revolt was a rebellion against the Divine Plan that God Himself instituted to effect man's return to Him through His true Church and to order society according to the truths contained in the Deposit Faith.
7. The Protestant Revolt popularized anticlericalism and radical egalitarian individualism, convincing those who had the misfortune of following its diabolically-inspired leaders that the Divine Redeemer did not establish a visible, hierarchical church upon the Rock of Peter, the Pope, and that it is the individual "believer," not the Catholic Church," that is the "interpreter" of Sacred Scripture, which is said to be, albeit falsely, the sole source of Divine Revelation.
8. Rationalists of the so-called "Enlightenment" or "Age of Reason" rejected the influence of any religion, true or false, on public life, using the Protestant Revolution's rejection of the Social Kingship of Our Blessed Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ for their own nefarious ends as the lodges of Freemasonry popularized the falsehood that men of divergent religious beliefs (or no religious belief at all) could live together in "peace" as they pursued the common temporal good.
9. The radical anticlericalism and radical egalitarian individualism of the Protestant Revolt, itself an exercise in rationalism, and of the open rationalists of the "Enlightenment" and the lodges convinced men that it was possible for construct a purely secular or naturalistic civil government that made no reference to the fact of Our Blessed Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ's Incarnation and His Redemptive Act on the wood of the Holy Cross.
10. A written constitution, therefore, that admits of no higher authority than the text of its own words for its interpretation and enforcement is as defenseless in the hands of power-hungry presidents and "activist" judges and reckless legislators as the Bible itself is in the hands of Protestants and the open rationalists of naturalism. If the authority of the true Church established by God Himself and which He protects and vivifies is rejected as the basis of understanding Sacred Scripture, leading to a variety of mutually contradictory "interpretations" and a never-ending mutation of sects based upon these "interpretations, why should the "authority" of the framers of a written constitution, including that of the United States of America, matter? Are but mere men deserving of more respect than God Himself? A nation that refuses to recognize the true Church as having the absolute last say on those things that pertain to the good of souls is at the mercy of whoever happens to hold the levers of power in the various branches of government and/or whatever the sentiments happen to be of a majority of citizens at any point in time. There can never be a "fixed" standard of constitutional interpretation when there is no recognition of and submission to the authority fixed by God Himself in His Catholic Church. Who killed the Constitution? The men who wrote it, that's who. Very simple for a believing Catholic to understand.
11. Human beings do not have, whether acting individually or collectively in the institutions of civil governance, any authority to defy the binding precepts of the Divine Positive Law or the Natural Law as these have been entrusted to the authority of the Catholic for their infallible explication. Sovereignty (ultimate governing authority) resides not with the people or with any level of government (state, local, nation) but with Christ the King. No national or state legislature has any authority to pass legislation contrary to God's eternal laws no matter what percentage of the "people" in a nation or state desire such legislation. We do not believe in states' rights. We believe in the rights of Christ the King.
12. Limited government is not the product of "libertarianism" or any other "philosophy" or ideology. Limited government is the natural consequence of the state that is ordered properly according to the eternal principles of Catholic Social Teaching, principles that can be adapted to any legitimate form of government (presidential-congressional, parliamentary-ministerial, monarchical, Federal, unitary, confederal, inquisitorial, adversarial--or any combination thereof). Those who would rule in a civil state constituted according to the eternal principles of Catholic Social Teaching would recognize their obligation to rule justly according to the Mind of the Divine Redeemer, keeping in mind that the salvation of their own immortal souls depends in large measure on the just discharge of the civil powers entrusted to them as they seek to foster those conditions in civil society conducive to the honor and glory of the Most Blessed Trinity and thus to salvation of the souls of their fellow citizens. We do not turn to "libertarians," whether they be Catholic or Jewish agnostics, for "guidance" on the proper role of the civil state. We turn to the true popes, who have condemned religious liberty and the separation of Church and State, and we keep in mind the saintly example of such rulers as Saint Louis IX, King of France (
Letter to His Son Philip).
13. Every nation must acknowledge not only Christ the King as it submits to the exercise of His Social Kingship by the Catholic Church but it must give public honor to the Mother of God, she who made possible our salvation by her perfect fiat to the Will of the Father at the Annunciation and through whose hands flow the Sanctifying Graces won for us by her Divine Son. Governments must organize pilgrimages and Rosary processions in honor of the Mother of God. Monarchs themselves humbled themselves by walking barefoot in such processions in the Middle Ages. Are we more "enlightened" and "sophisticated" than they? I hope for our own sakes that we are not!
Obviously, these simple truths are not taught by the counterfeit church of conciliarism, which has made its "reconciliation" with the anti-Incarnational, religiously indifferent, naturalist and semi-Pelagian principles of the modern civil state. Once we lose sight of these simple truths, however, we are plunged into the darkness of the trees of the forest of naturalism, unable to accept the simple fact that the individual problems that arise from time to time have the remote cause in Original Sin and their proximate causes in our Actual Sins and the consequences of the Protestant Revolution's overthrow of the Social Reign of Christ the King that has been championed by the forces of Judeo-Masonry and by the counterfeit church of conciliarism itself.
Advent is but eighteen days away from now. The readings for the last few weeks of the Season after Pentecost focus on end times. We must our understand that our "end times" can occur at any time, including this very day, which is why we must intensify our efforts to change our own souls as make reparation for our sins by living penitentially as the consecrated slaves of Our Blessed Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ through the Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of His Most Blessed Mother, especially by the time we spend in prayer in front of His Real Presence in the Most Blessed Sacrament and by praying as many Rosaries each day as our states-in-life permit. Think about it: how much time do you waste listening or watching to various naturalists discourse about current events? These people know nothing of First and Last Things. Why waste your time on them when you could be praying more Rosaries of reparation?
We must not let ourselves be deluded by invocations to the "rights of the people." We must be concerned only about the law of God and nothing else. We must remember that the events of our times constitute chastisements sent to us by the loving hand of God so that we can make reparation for our own sins through the Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary and as a punishment for the failure of our last two true popes, Popes Pius XI and XII, to heed Our Lady's request for the collegial consecration of Russia to that same Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of hers. And it is my belief that the "people" in the United States of America will "vote" next year to continue the chastisements being visited upon us by the Communist in the White House, Caesar Obamus Barackus Ignoramus, who will be succeeded by our first Caesarette, Hillary Clintous Ignoramus. Such must be the case when "King Self" and "King Money" has taken the place of Christ the King, permitting King State to enslave us all for "our own good."
We must do what the Apostles did, that is, to plant the seeds for a new Christendom. We may not see the results with our eyes. The Apostles did not see the results with their own eyes in this passing, mortal vale of tears. So what? What matters to us is to remain faithful to the truths of the Holy Faith, including the sacred truth at Our Blessed Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ must reign as the King of all nations as we keep insisting with others until the point of our dying breaths that Catholicism and Catholicism alone is the one and only foundation of personal and social order.
Remember these words of Pope Leo XIII, contained in Sapientiae Christianae, January 10, 1890:
The chief elements of this duty consist in professing openly and
unflinchingly the Catholic doctrine, and in propagating it to the
utmost of our power. For, as is often said, with the greatest
truth, there is nothing so hurtful to Christian wisdom as that it should
not be known, since it possesses, when loyally received, inherent power
to drive away error. So soon as Catholic truth is apprehended by a
simple and unprejudiced soul, reason yields assent. (Pope Leo XIII, Sapientiae Christianae, January 10, 1890.)
Vivat Christus Rex! Viva Cristo Rey!
Our Lady of Guadalupe, pray for us.
Saint Joseph, Patron of Departing Souls, pray for us.
Saints Peter and Paul, pray for us.
Saint John the Baptist, pray for us.
Saint John the Evangelist, pray for us.
Saint Michael the Archangel, pray for us.
Saint Gabriel the Archangel, pray for us.
Saint Raphael the Archangel, pray for us.
Saints Joachim and Anne, pray for us.
Saints Caspar, Melchior, and Balthasar, pray for us.
See also: A Litany of Saints
Isn't it time to pray a Rosary now?