Clueless Is As Clueless Does
Thomas A. Droleskey
Well, George Walker Bush gave his farewell address last evening, which was, as expected, a pure exercise in naturalism and American exceptionalism. The speech reeked of the stench of semi-Pelagianism, the belief that "we" can do pretty much anything "we" set our minds to doing, that it is the American concepts of "freedom" and "democracy" that provide the foundation for the stable world, not, of course Catholicism, This clueless, intellectually dense and morally obtuse man leaves the office as President of the United States of America as he entered it: a naturalist who knows nothing of First and Last Things and who is oblivious to the moral harm that he has authorized during his eight years in office.
The White House issued President Bush's annual Proclamation for "National Sanctity of Life Day" several hours before he gave his farewell address. The proclamation is a re-hash of earlier empty statements, including the line, which emanated straight from the National Not-So-Right-to-Life Committee (which endorses the direct, intentional killing of the innocent preborn in cases where it is alleged that a mother's life is endangered and takes no stand whatsoever against the chemical assassination of children by means of contraceptive abortifacients), that
"we aspire to build a society in which every child is welcome in life and protected in law." There is, as I have pointed, oh, maybe around a thousand times or so in the past eight years, a little problem with this empty rhetoric: George Walker Bush does not believe that every child should be welcomed in life and protected by law. He believes that there are "exceptions" to the Fifth Commandment's absolute prohibition against the direct, intentional taking of any innocent human life under any circumstances whatsoever.
Moreover, how can it be said that one is working to build a "culture of life" when he has worked assiduously to elect pro-abortion members of his own political party to office and when he has appointed pro-aborts to the highest ranks of his administration? Would George Walker Bush have appointed overt racists to his administration? Would he have appointed anyone who had even the whiff of anti-Semitism about him to his administration? Of course not. Ah, support the slicing and dicing of little babies? Such support has been impediment to serving in the highest reaches of the George Walker Bush administration (including both Secretaries of State of the United States of America in the past eight years, Colin Powell and Condoleeza Rice).
How can it be said that one is working to build a "culture of life" when his supposedly "pro-life" administration refuses to reverse the previous pro-death administration's decision to market the human pesticide, RU-486, and chooses to permit over-the-counter sales of the "Plan B" "emergency" contraceptive?
How can it be said that one is working to build a "culture of life" when his administration has funded the chemical assassinations of countless millions of children here and around the world by means of the funding of chemical abortifacients in this country and around the world by means of domestic and international "family planning" programs"? How can it be said that one is working to build a "culture of life" when, in the name of "liberation" and "equal rights for women," contraceptive pills and devices were among the first elements of "humanitarian aid" to be sent to Iraq following this country's unjust and immoral invasion of a sovereign nation that did not pose an imminent threat to the national security of the United States of America?
How can it be said that one is working to build a "culture of life" when he has been deaf, dumb and blind to the death and destruction visited upon countless thousands upon thousands of innocent Iraqis as our armed forces, who were placed in harm's way needlessly, bombed civilian population centers and destroyed Iraq's infrastructure, depriving large parts of Iraq of water, electricity and sewage for years on end? How can it be said that one is working to build a "culture of life" when he is oblivious to the fact that the unjust and immoral invasion of Iraq opened the doors for operatives of Iran and al-Qaeda to take advantage of the power vacuum caused by the overthrow of the thug Saddam Hussein to launch terror attacks upon innocent civilians and upon American troops?
How can it be said that one is working to build a "culture of life" when he has indemnified the bloodthirsty killers of Tel Aviv at every turn, expressing little in the way of outrage when the Israel Defense Forces (I.D.F.) invaded southern Lebanon in July of 2006 and displaced over a million innocent human beings who had no connection to Hezbollah whatsoever?
Consider this report, written by Paul Craig Roberts in 2006, of the Bush administration's complicity in the shedding of innocent blood in Lebanon and in the displacement of nearly a million innocent human beings to serve the interests of those who deny and blaspheme the Sacred Divinity of Our Blessed Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ and who make warfare upon Him and His Holy Church at every opportunity:
There never was any doubt of the Bush regime's complicity in Israel's naked aggression against the Lebanese civilian population. Bush has protected Israel from world condemnation. Bush has blocked those who attempted to bring a stop to Israel's bombing of residential neighborhoods and civilian infrastructure, and now Bush rushes more bombs for Israel to drop on Lebanon.
On July 22, the New York Times revealed the full extent of the Bush regime's participation in the heinous war crimes being inflicted on the Lebanese people:
"The Bush administration is rushing a delivery of precision-guided bombs to Israel, which requested the expedited shipment last week after beginning its air campaign. … The decision to quickly ship the weapons to Israel was made with relatively little debate within the Bush administration, the officials said."
Obviously, Bush and his government do not think Israel has yet murdered enough Lebanese. Bush denounces Syria and Iran for allegedly arming Hezbollah, while he rushes more deadly weapons to Israel.
The entire world is appalled at the Bush regime's support for Israel's policy of expanding its borders through naked aggression.
Every Arab and Muslim now knows that the U.S. is Israel's enabler. Arab hopes are dead that the U.S. will pressure Israel to behave more humanely toward people not armed with American fighter planes, tanks, and high explosives.
America's complicity in Israel's war crimes is more than America's UK lapdog can stand. According to the French news service, AFP, "The United States is starting to look isolated in its refusal to rein in Israel's attacks on Lebanon with key ally Britain criticizing the wholesale killing of Lebanese civilians and widespread destruction."
AFP reports that Britain's deputy foreign minister Kim Howells "questioned Israel's military tactics and slammed Israel's killing of 'so many children and so many people. If Israel is chasing Hezbollah, then go for Hezbollah. You don't go for the entire Lebanese nation.'"
But is Israel after Hezbollah, or is Israel after the real estate that comprises southern Lebanon?
Right-wing Israelis say Israel needs southern Lebanon as a buffer against Hezbollah. If Israel were to succeed in driving Hezbollah out of southern Lebanon, Israel would then want a buffer for southern Lebanon, where Israeli settlements would quickly spring up, and after that buffer, another, just as Israel has gobbled up Palestine.
The American people need to understand what everyone else in the world understands: The Bush regime is empowering the Israeli state to push out its borders by stealing land from other people.
This Israeli policy is the source of the Middle East conflict.
It is ignorant and immoral to blame the conflict on Hamas and Hezbollah. These organizations were created by Israeli aggression. Lacking American jet fighters, tanks, ordinance, and resupply, these organizations resort to terror, which is the only weapon that they have. Otherwise, the world would pay no attention as Arabs are ground under by Israeli expansion.
The fault is America's more than Israel's. The American government and the brainwashed American public are the source of the conflict. If America did not enable Israeli aggression, Israel would have to behave responsibly and endeavor to coexist with its neighbors.
Israel is an artificial state created in Arab lands by European colonial powers after World War II. Instead of working to win acceptance and overcoming Arab hostility to Europe shipping off "the Jewish problem" to the Middle East, Israel has antagonized its Middle East neighbors. Israel can play the bully-boy role because the U.S. acts as Israel's big brother. With its policy of fang and claw, Israel endangers its own right to exist.
Many distinguished Israelis came to this conclusion long before I did. I am only repeating what can be read in more eloquent writings of distinguished Israelis.
Israel's greatest friends are its own peace movement and those few in America who dare to criticize Israel's self-destructive policies. It is not anti-Semitic to hold Israel to the same standards as other civilized countries or to report facts instead of Israeli propaganda.
Israel's greatest enemies are the American neoconservatives, who hold the power in the Bush regime. What we are witnessing in the Middle East is the unfolding of the neocon plan to destroy all vestiges of Arab/Muslim independence and to remove all opposition to Israel's agenda. Can 5 million Israelis, even when backed by the United States, forever suppress hundreds of millions of humiliated Muslims stewing in their humiliation?
This is a recipe for perpetual conflict and the eventual destruction of Israel.
Neocons believe that deception of the American public is a legitimate way for them to achieve their plan. Bush's so-called "war on terror" is the cloak for neocon deception.
Bush's war is not on terror. Bush's war is on Muslim states not ruled by American puppets. US Complicit in Destruction of Lebanon - by Paul Craig Roberts
How can it be said that one is working to build a "culture of life" when he expresses no sympathy whatsoever for the suffering of the Palestinian people in Gaza at the present time as they are being subject to the ravages of yet another Israeli-sponsored exercise in brutality and racialism? The Israeli Defense Forces "accidentally" hit a United Nations refugee center on Wednesday, January 14, 2009. The Israeli Defense Forces do not make "mistakes." It was no mistake that the U.S.S. Liberty was hit and thirty-four Americans were killed by the Israeli Air Force on June 8, 1967 (The USS Liberty: America's Most Shameful Secret.)
The aforementioned Paul Craig Roberts, who does not understand that a nation that kills the preborn by chemical and surgical means is morally monstrous no matter how it indemnifies the moral crimes of other nations, wrote the following on December 30, 2008, following the American-backed Israeli invasion of Gaza:
For the US and UK governments, Israel can do no wrong. Israel doesn’t have to stop withholding food, medicine, water, and energy, but Hamas must stop protesting by firing off rockets. In violation of international law, Israel can drive West Bank Palestinians off their lands and out of their villages and give the stolen properties to “settlers.” Israel can delay Palestinians in need of emergency medical care at checkpoints until their lives ebb away. Israeli snipers can get their jollies murdering Palestinian children.
The Great Moral Anglo-Americans couldn’t care less.
In his 2005 Nobel Lecture, British playwright Harold Pinter held the United States and its British puppet state accountable for “the systematic brutality, the widespread atrocities, the ruthless suppression of independent thought.” Everyone knows that such crimes occurred in the Soviet Union and in its East European empire, but “US crimes in the same period have only been superficially recorded, let alone documented, let alone acknowledged, let alone recognized as crimes at all,” this despite the fact that “the United States’ actions throughout the world made it clear that it had concluded it had carte blanche to do what it liked.”
Soviet crimes, like Nazi ones, are documented in gruesome detail, but America’s crimes “never happened. Nothing ever happened. Even while it was happening it wasn’t happening. It didn’t matter. It was of no interest. The crimes of the United States have been systematic, constant, vicious, remorseless, but very few people have actually talked about them You have to hand it to America. It has exercised a clinical manipulation of power worldwide while masquerading as a force for universal good. It’s a brilliant, even witty, highly successful act of hypnosis.”
America’s is “a scintillating stratagem. Language is actually employed to keep thought at bay. The words ‘the American people’ provide a truly voluptuous cushion of reassurance. You don’t need to think.”
Pinter presents a long list of American crimes and comes to Iraq: “The invasion of Iraq was a bandit act, an act of blatant state terrorism, demonstrating absolute contempt for the concept of international law. The invasion was . . . an act intended to consolidate American military and economic control of the Middle East masquerading--as a last resort--all other justifications having failed to justify themselves--as liberation.” Americans and their British puppets “have brought torture, cluster bombs, depleted uranium, innumerable acts of random murder, misery, degradation and death to the Iraqi people and call it ‘bringing freedom and democracy to the Middle East.”
“How many people do you have to kill before you qualify to be described as a mass murderer and a war criminal?” Pinter’s question can also be asked of Israel. Israel has been in violation of international law since 1967, protected by the United States’ veto of UN Resolutions condemning Israel for its violent, inhumane, barbaric, and illegal acts. (May We No Longer Be Silent.)
The "pro-life" George Walker Bush administration has committed one offense after another against the binding precepts of the Divine Positive Law and the Natural as slothful, sleepy-eyed "pro-life" Americans, including Catholics all across and up and down the vast expanse of the ecclesiastical divide, have assuaged themselves quite falsely that they have had a "friend" in the White House for the past eight years. The man who many Catholics chose to believe was "on their side" in the 2000 and 2004 elections has done grave evils under cover of law, and those evils have been exacerbated by the willful ignorance of Catholics who have chosen quite deliberately to look aside as they condemn those of us who have dared to expose this ignorant emperor's new clothing, as I did when printing this laundry list of Bush administration crimes in 2004:
10) The contention that the flawed, immoral partial-birth abortion ban would “save” lives even though a needless and immoral “life of the mother” exception would have permitted this type of child-killing and even though two other forms of child-killing in the later stages of pregnancy (dilation and evacuation, hysterotomy) remain perfectly legal. (See my article that discussed the decision of the Supreme Court of the United States in the case of Gonzales v. Carhart, April 18, 2007,
An Illusion of a Victory.)
11) The contention that George W. Bush is pro-life when his administration is the first, as Republican National Committee Chairman Ed Gillespie noted on Meet the Press, to fund stem-cell research and when the President himself noted on August 9, 2001, that in vitro fertilization is an important tool to help infertile couples conceive a child.
12) The contention that George W. Bush is pro-life when he has done nothing, as in zero and zilch, to reverse the September, 2000, decision of the Food and Drug Administration to market the human pesticide, RU-486.
13) The contention that George W. Bush is pro-life even though he never answered the question put to him by moderator Bob Schiefer in the third presidential debate, held on October 13, 2004, as to whether he favored the reversal of Roe v. Wade.
14) The contention that George W. Bush is pro-life even though the Unborn Victims of Violence Act contained a “life of the mother” exception” and recognizes the “right” of a mother to kill her child by means of a surgical abortion. Yes, indeed, we can limit the harm of abortion and save babies by referring to abortion as a “right.” I guess I missed that in Logic and Reasoning 101.
15) The contention that George W. Bush is a friend of justice when his then Solicitor General, Theodore Olson, argued in the case of N.O.W. v. Scheidler on December 4, 2002, that Joe Scheidler, a Catholic hero who has saved countless babies and the souls of their mothers from the consequences of child killing, should have had his conviction on the grounds of the Hobbs Act upheld, contending that Scheidler was engaged in the equivalent of banditry by trying to talk women out of killing their children. Olson argued that Scheidler was depriving a legitimate business, an abortuary, from the money that would have been derived from their “clients” had not Scheidler “interfered.” Ah, yes, the administration of George W. Bush wants to save babies. I forgot.
16) The contention that George W. Bush is a friend of the pro-life movement when he has done nothing to reverse the Freedom of Access to Clinic Entrances Act (FACE) and has an Attorney General, John Ashcroft, that has actually continued former Attorney General Janet Reno’s Violence Against Abortion Providers Conspiracy (VAAPCON) task force. It was under this task force during the Clinton Administration that two agents of the Federal Bureau of Investigation visited a women in Toledo, Ohio, in 1995, warning her that she would be arrested if she sent another “threatening” letter to a baby-killer. The nature of the threat? That she was praying for the baby-killer’s conversion. Ah, yes, once again, I forgot that George W. Bush is pro-life and that an effort to squelch legitimate, non-violent pro-life activity by terming it as “violence” is all right when done by a “pro-life” Republican administration. I forgot.
17) The contention that George W. Bush is pro-family when he says that he opposes “marriage” for sodomites and lesbians but supports the “right” of the states to accord those engaged in unrepentant acts of perversity something called “civil union” status.
18) The contention that George W. Bush is pro-family when he appoints the perverted Michael Guest to be our Ambassador to Romania and stands by as Guest’s sodomite “partner” serves as “hostess” for diplomatic functions at our embassy in Bucharest. Ah, yes, isn’t “diversity” and “tolerance” wonderful? (2009 note: Barack Hussein Obama is having a perverted Episcopalian"bishop" give an invocation at the beginning of the pre-inaugural celebrations this weekend. This is nothing more, good readers, than a continuation of the perverted-friendly policies of the "pro-life" Bush administration.)
19) The contention that George W. Bush is less of a statist than the Democrats when he proposes–and Congress funds—programs that will test every child and teacher and school aide for “mental illness,” a measure that smacks of Stalinism and is designed to insure that the Eli Lilly Company can make more money off of the government by selling psychotropic drugs to those diagnosed with mental illness under this draconian program. (2009 note: And this is say nothing about the overt socialism promoted by the Bush administration in its final months of office,
Socialism, Straight From Your "Pro-Life" Conservative).
20) The contention that George W. Bush is pro-family when he boasts of his support for the monstrosity known as public schooling, rife from its very inception in this country with the ethos of Masonry and is currently in the hands of committed ideologues who hate the Catholic Faith.
21) The contention that George W. Bush just has to call Islam “a religion of peace.” Forget about “Say yes when you mean yes and no when you mean no, anything else is from the evil one.” The man from Crawford just "has” to say these kinds of things. It can’t possibly be that he, a man who does not read books and is thus not versed in actual history, is simply saying this because he believes it to be so. Oh, I forgot. George W. Bush is too clever for that.
22) The contention that George W. Bush is a “conservative” when he pursues policies that would have made the late Hubert Horatio Humphrey appear to have been fiscally penurious. This is the very high price tag for overlooking the statism of one who says he is conservative while spending the country into bankruptcy.
23) The contention that George W. Bush’s membership in Skull and Bones and Richard N. Cheney’s Freemasonic membership tell us nothing about how they are undeserving of public trust.
24) The contention that international peace is guaranteed by the spread of the American concept of liberty and democracy around the world, not the spread of the Social Reign of Christ the King.
These are facts. The outgoing President of the United States of America made possible the election of his fully pro-abortion and worthy statist successor, Barack Hussein Obama, by helping to destroy the economy of the United States of America by pursuing needless foreign wars, calling up reservists in the National Guard and thus separating families for long stretches of time and resulting in many divorces and grave economic hardships, abroad and engaging in reckless spending on domestic programs at home.
Many Catholics voted for George Walker Bush in 2000 and 2004 because they were told that they "had" to vote and that it was permissible to vote for the "lesser of two evils." A constituent element, however, of any decision to vote, as I explained 367 days ago in
When Lesser is Greater, must be premised upon being informed of those nasty, inconvenient things called facts. One must know facts. It is shallow and irresponsible to shield oneself from facts for four to eight years and then say that one must march like a robot into voting booth to cast a vote for enemies of Christ the King and thus an enemies of the common temporal good of one's nation while remaining ignorant of, if not overtly hostile to, the truth of the fact that there are no real, substantive differences between the politicians of the two major organized crime families in the United States of America, the Democrat Party and the Republican Party, both of which are premised upon a thorough acceptance of the false, naturalistic, anti-Incarnational, religiously indifferent and semi-Pelagian foundation of the modern civil state.
No nation that kills its own innocent children by chemical and surgical means under cover of law, which is, of course, the true domestic terrorism facing us today, and which exports this killing internationally is a "civilized" nation. There can be no true "civilized" nation without the true Faith:
I will never tire of repeating this passage from Pope Saint Pius X's Notre Charge Apostolique, August 15, 1910:
. . For there is no true civilization without a moral civilization, and no true moral civilization without the true religion: it is a proven truth, a historical fact. (Pope Saint Pius X, Notre Charge Apostolique, August 15, 1910.)
The United States of America is not the "hope" of mankind. Catholicism alone provides man with the means to order within his soul and thus order within and between nations.
While we must continue to pray for the conversion of the morally obtuse Americanist named George Walker Bush, who may indeed have a "midnight surprise" for the nation by issuing blanket pardons to everyone in his administration who could be the subjects of future criminal prosecution, while we pray as well for the conversion of his Marxist-Alinsky trained successor, Barack Hussein Obama, we must also be unflagging in our commitment to view the world exclusively through the eyes of the true Faith and to refuse to surrender to any naturalistic principles at any time for any reason.
As Pope Saint Pius X reminded us in Notre Charge Apostolique, our goal is to build the Catholic City, and that City cannot be built on the falsehoods of Americanism or of the Modernism that has made its accommodation with them:
This, nevertheless, is what they want to do with human society; they dream of changing its natural and traditional foundations; they dream of a Future City built on different principles, and they dare to proclaim these more fruitful and more beneficial than the principles upon which the present Christian City rests.
No, Venerable Brethren, We must repeat with the utmost energy in these times of social and intellectual anarchy when everyone takes it upon himself to teach as a teacher and lawmaker - the City cannot be built otherwise than as God has built it; society cannot be setup unless the Church lays the foundations and supervises the work; no, civilization is not something yet to be found, nor is the New City to be built on hazy notions; it has been in existence and still is: it is Christian civilization, it is the Catholic City. It has only to be set up and restored continually against the unremitting attacks of insane dreamers, rebels and miscreants. omnia instaurare in Christo.
There is little hope, humanly speaking, of large numbers of people recognizing and accepting these basic truths. So be it. However, what we can do is to seek to help those who are open to looking at the truth of the world as it can be viewed through the eyes of the true Faith, trying to plant a few seeds as the consecrated slaves of Our Blessed Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ through His Most Blessed Mother's Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart to help more and more people to see that the world in which we live is constructed on one artifice after another, some of which are collapsing right before our very eyes.
We must be unstinting in our own efforts to drive out the influence of the devil in our own souls, especially by means of Eucharistic piety, our praying as many Rosaries each day as our states-in-life permit, and our making use of the Sacred Tribunal of Penance on a weekly basis, if at all possible, to equip us better to battle the devil in the world and to help expedite the day in which Our Lady's Fatima Message will be fulfilled and the Social Reign of Christ the King and of herself, Our Immaculate Queen.
Catholicism is the one and only foundation of personal and social order. Never forget this fact. Never be distracted by the sideshow that is the naturalistic farce of American electoral politics and the artifice of a national economy based on the unfettered greed of men who live only to have more of this world's goods and who recoil in horror when these words are spoken from the lips of anyone who dares to utter them:
Viva Cristo Rey! Vivat Christus Rex!
Our Lady of Ransom, pray for us!
Saint Joseph, Patron of Departing Souls, pray for us.
Saints Peter and Paul, pray for us.
Saint John the Baptist, pray for us.
Saint John the Evangelist, pray for us.
Saint Michael the Archangel, pray for us.
Saint Gabriel the Archangel, pray for us.
Saint Raphael the Archangel, pray for us.
Saints Joachim and Anne, pray for us.
Saints Caspar, Melchior, and Balthasar, pray for us.
Pope Saint Marcellus, pray for us.
See also: A Litany of Saints
Isn't it time to pray a Rosary now?